Re: Transaction Id and status of any operation

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Transaction Id and status of any operation
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to know the file or function from code which can give me the
> transaction Id and its status. For example I want to find the details of
> transaction currently inserting on some specific table.
>
> Also please tel me what function are called to check whether status of
> transaction has changed. For example, I would like to get notified whenever
> the status of any transaction changes. Please tel me the files or function
> for this.

Generally speaking, per MVCC rules, transactions can only see other
transactions if they completed.  It is up to the application to manage
what to do when a transaction fails.

There are internal C APIs (see: transam.c) to query transaction
success through the clog system but I'm suspicious that this is the
wrong line of thinking for you.  Stepping back, what are you trying to
do?

merlin