Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 11:48 AM Ping Yao <ping@optigo.net> wrote:
Hello All.

First timer here, long time user though. Thank you in advance.

Can someone help me understand why my simple DELETE query is so slow to run?

Not familiar with citus to diagnose any citus issues.  Having said that, can you confirm that  all tables that have a foreign key reference to this table have an index on the field referencing?

For example, if you have a table customer, with a column 'customer_id', a  table 'customer_employee' might refer to the customer table if it has 'customer_id REFERENCES customer', which would be very slow with deletes on customer.  that may not be happening here with the citus stuff, hard to tell.  Something to rule out though.

merlin