Re: how to list or array of key value pairs

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: how to list or array of key value pairs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM, J.V. <jvsrvcs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have seen this before.
>
> But I need an array of key/value pairs (key is string, value is string) and
> I need to iterate through the array accessing both the key and the value.
>
> I look at this page and it does not translate very well into what I need to
> do.  If there are any specific examples out there, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

you keep getting the same answer because as you described your problem
it does *exactly* what you want to do.  so, either you are not
describing the problem well or you are not understanding us:
postgres=# select * from each('a=>1,b=>2');
 key | value
-----+-------
 a   | 1
 b   | 2
(2 rows)

can be dropped directly into plgsql

for record_variable in select * from each('a=>1,b=>2')
loop
  <do stuff>
end loop;

etc.  What's the issue?