Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 01/28/2014 09:58 AM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>> yeah. note: I think the json documentation needs *major* overhaul. too
>> much is going in inside the function listings where there really
>> should be a big breakout discussing the "big picture" of json/jsonb
>> with examples of various use cases.  I want to give it a shot but
>> unfortunately can not commit to do that by the end of the 'fest.
>
> FWIW, I've promised Andrew that I'll overhaul this by the end of beta.
> Given that we have all of beta for doc refinements.
>
> In addition to this, the JSON vs JSONB datatype page really needs
> expansion and clarification.

right: exactly.  I'd be happy to help (such as I can) ...I wanted to
see if jsonb to make it in on this 'fest (doc issues notwithstanding);
it hasn't been formally reviewed yet AFAICT.  So my thinking here is
to get docs to minimum acceptable standards in the short term and
focus on the structural code issues for the 'fest (if jsonb slips then
it's moot obviously).

merlin