Re: Array of composite types returned from python

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Array of composite types returned from python
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Behn, Edward (EBEHN) <EBEHN@arinc.com> wrote:

> I've endeavored to enable the return of arrays of composite types from code written in PL/Python.  It seems that this
canbe accomplished though a very minor change to the code:

> On line 401 in the file src/pl/plpython/plpy_typeio.c, remove the error report "PL/Python functions cannot return
type..."and replace it with the command

> arg->func = PLyObject_ToComposite;
>
> From all that I can see, this does exactly what I want. A python list of tuples is converted to an array of composite
typesin SQL.

> I ran the main and python regression suites for both python2 and python3 with assert enabled. The only discrepancies
Igot were ones that were due to the output expecting an error. When I altered the .out files to the expected behavior,
itmatched just fine.

> Am I missing anything, (ie memory leak, undesirable behavior elsewhere)?

Don't know, but I'd definitely submit that patch to the next open
fest.  That's a very useful gain for such a small change.

merlin

От: Rajashree Mandaogane
Сообщение: Creating tables for columns
От: Kohei KaiGai
Сообщение: Re: Creating tables for columns