Re: benchmarking effective_io_concurrency

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: benchmarking effective_io_concurrency
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 1:42 AM Fabio Pardi <f.pardi@portavita.eu> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I recently spent a bit of time benchmarking effective_io_concurrency on Postgres.
>
> I would like to share my findings with you:
>
> https://portavita.github.io/2019-07-19-PostgreSQL_effective_io_concurrency_benchmarked/
>
> Comments are welcome.

I did very similar test a few years back and came up with very similar results:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHyXU0yiVvfQAnR9cyH=HWh1WbLRsioe=mzRJTHwtr=2azsTdQ@mail.gmail.com

effective_io_concurrency is an oft overlooked tuning parameter and I'm
curious if the underlying facility (posix_fadvise) can't be used for
more types of queries.  For ssd storage, which is increasingly common
these days, it really pays of to crank it with few downsides from my
measurement.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Speeding up query pulling comments from pg_catalog
Сообщение: Re: Speeding up query pulling comments from pg_catalog