Re: jsonb and nested hstore

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> There's the absolutely significant issue that you cannot reasonably
> write extensions that interact on a C level. You can't call from
> extension to extension directly, but you can from extension to pg core
> provided ones.

Certainly.  Note I never said that the internal .so can't be in core
that both extensions interface with and perhaps wrap.  It would be
nice to have a intra-extension call system worked out but that in no
way plays to the bigger issues at stake.  This is all about management
of the public API; take a good skeptical look at the history of types
like xml, json, geo, money and others.

merlin