Re: High SYS CPU - need advise

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Vlad <marchenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> it's session mode and the pool size is 1200 (cause I need to grantee that in
> the worst case we have enough slots for all possible clients), however even
> at the times preceding  high-cpu-sys-stall, the number postmasters are like
> 15-20. When stall happens, it starts to raise but that's the result of DB
> not answering in timely manner.

That is completely defeating the point.  Mode should be transaction
mode and somewhere between 1-2x the number of cores for the pool size.
 Note the # of connected clients does not have to equal the size of
the pool -- that's the whole point of pgboucner -- it forces the
queries through a fixed number of backend processes.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise