Re: How to convert HEX to ASCII?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: How to convert HEX to ASCII?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Torsten Zuehlsdorff
<foo@meisterderspiele.de> wrote:
> Damien Churchill schrieb:
>

>>> after several attempts I have finally succeeded in developing a
>>> urlencode()
>>> function to encode text correctly like defined in RFC 1738.
>>>
>>> Now i have a big problem: how to decode the text?
>>>
>>> Example:
>>> # SELECT urlencode('Hellö World!');
>>>      urlencode
>>> -----------------------
>>>  Hell%C3%B6%20World%21
>>>
>>> Does anybody know a way to convert '%21' back to '!' and '%C3%B6' to 'ö'?
>>

>> I've extracted the unquote method [0] from urllib in the python stdlib
>> that decodes urlencoded strings. Hopefully be some use!
>

> Not directly, but it gives me some helpful hints. For example i'm now able
> to decode some basic characters, for example:
>
> # SELECT chr(x'21'::int);
>  chr
> -----
>  !
> (1 row)
>
> But i clearly have a missunderstanding of other chars, like umlauts or utf-8
> chars. This, for example, should return a 'ö':
>
> # SELECT chr(x'C3B6'::int);
>  chr
> -----
>  쎶
> (1 row)
>
> Also i'm not sure how to figure out, when to decode '%C3' and when to decode
> '%C3%B6'.
>
> Thanks for your help,

You're welcome.  get ready for some seriously abusive sql:

create or replace function unencode(text) returns text as
$$
with q as
(
  select (regexp_matches($1, '(%..|.)', 'g'))[1] as v
)
select string_agg(case when length(v) = 3 then chr(replace(v, '%',
'x')::bit(8)::int) else v end, '') from q;
$$ language sql immutable;

set client_encoding to latin1;
SET

postgres=# select unencode('Hell%C3%B6%20World%21');
   unencode
 Hellö World!
(1 row)

Time: 1.908 ms

(maybe this isn't really an immutable function, but oh well).

merlin