Re: Poor performance PostgreSQL 13/ PostGIS 3.x

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Poor performance PostgreSQL 13/ PostGIS 3.x
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:50 PM Lugosi, Jim <JimLug@clackamas.us> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> We are struggling to figure out what is going on. We are migrating from PostgreSQL 9.6 to PostgreSQL 13 w/ PostGIS.
Our9.6 version was compiled from source and the new version (13) was installed using Yum. BTW, the new version is on a
VMthat has 16GB of memory, two cores, and 500 GB of disk. In addition, we are using MapServer as our mapping engine and
OpenLayersas the client side interface. Once we switch over to the new version of PostgreSQL, the performance takes a
bignose dive. We have being tweaking and tuning the database and it appears to be happy but the response times from
mapfilerequests are 3 -7 seconds. Previously, the response time was below a second.

please post EXPLAIN ANALYZE for a query that you think is
underperforming.  Ideally, we can also produce from legacy 9.6
equivalent.

merlin

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Query chooses Bad Index Path
От: "Kumar, Mukesh"
Сообщение: Slow Running Queries in Azure PostgreSQL