Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 3:43 PM Ping Yao <ping@optigo.net> wrote:

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for the comment. I think we do. What I found odd here is the Query Plan (with analyze) clearly shows the actual execution to be very quick, that's why I don't think it's an index problem. What do you think?

I'm not sure with citus. it isn't hard to verify; just check the referring tables and ensure any relating key is indexed.  Perhaps the citus based plans don't surface that item -- hard to say.   However, when you have complaints about slow deletes, this is always first thing to check.  Second thing is slow triggers.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow
Сообщение: Re: Help understand why DELETE is so slow