Searching postgres soruces (was: Re: array in a store procedure in C)

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Searching postgres soruces (was: Re: array in a store procedure in C)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/15 7:03 AM, Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@it.nrw.de wrote:
>>
>> On Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:58 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>>>
>>> Note that the recursive grep starts at the current directory, so make
>>> sure you're actually in the pgsql source code when you use it.
>>

>>> cat ~/bin/pg_grep
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>>
>>> grep -r "$*" * | grep -iv TAGS: | grep -v 'Binary file' | grep -v
>>> '.deps/'
>>

>> By the way, why not add a "cd" into the pgsql source tree to the script?
>> That way you can't forget it when using the script...
>
> Because I have multiple checkouts, and I don't always use the full tree to
> search. It's a lot faster to only search the include directory, for example.

Check out sublime text 3 with the "C improved" enhancement.  It's a
fantastic editor and it can jump you to the definition.  I could never
get ctags based editors to an acceptable state and my previous editor,
source insight, never worked well on linux (although it had a fully
integrated C parser!).

merlin

Сообщение: Re: How do I bump a row to the front of sort efficiently
Сообщение: Re: How do I bump a row to the front of sort efficiently