Re: Make a LOOP function with a delay

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Make a LOOP function with a delay
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM, James David Smith
<james.david.smith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Merlin,
>
> Just been messing about this with. I'm a bit confused but trying to
> understand it. When I implement it, I'm told that the column
> 'row_number' isn't recognised. I guessed that you meant to write
> row_number() so tried that, but then it wants an OVER clause.
>
> Also should the line
>
> notice('did row ' || row_number)
>
> Actually have a capital N at the start to match the function we've made?

<plz try to avoid top posting>

Notice should have been capitalized -- but will work fine.   postgres
folds all non-quoted identifiers to lower case.

row_number came from your example:
> WHERE row_number = 1;

the idea is that instead of picking a particular row of the table, we
are going to do all the rows.

merlin