Re: Postgres process is crashing continously in 9.1.1

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Postgres process is crashing continously in 9.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Jayashankar K B
> <Jayashankar.KB@lnties.com> wrote:
> > But here, the crash is happening right at the insert statement. That is
> > insert itself is failing.
> > Unless the insert is successful, stored procedure is not triggered.
>
> Hmm. I wonder is it possible that going past ID 999 and into a
> four-digit number is causing stack damage that crashes the server a
> few iterations later... many things are possible. I'd look at the code
> of the procedure and see if there's any possible memory/stack issues.

Hm, on linux you check stack size with ulimit -s?  If stack is set too
low, a lower setting of max_stack_depth should prevent the crash.
It's pretty hard to hit that unless you have extraordinarily complex
and/or recursive functions though.

Any chance of seeing the function source?

merlin

Сообщение: Re: how to for loop with distinct values?
Сообщение: Re: how to for loop with distinct values?