Re: PgQ and NOTIFY/LISTEN

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: PgQ and NOTIFY/LISTEN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 5:46 AM Олег Самойлов <splarv@ya.ru> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I looked for a forum or a mailing list for PgQ, but didn't find. May be someone know here?
>
> Does PgQ use NOTIFY/LISTEN for PgQ internal daemon or consumers. And if not, why? May be it has internal own
simulationof NOTIFY/LISTEN functionality?

For pgq questions. try the gthub page and raise an issue. Having said
that, looking at:

https://github.com/pgq/pgq/blob/master/functions/pgq.batch_event_sql.sql
and
https://github.com/pgq/pgq/blob/master/functions/pgq.ticker.sql

It's pretty clear that they are not using listen/notify, but some kind
of table/ticker based implementation.  There used to be more
information on the implementation on the old skytools page, but that
page seems to have been retired.

merlin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Does converting an indexed varchar to text rewrite its index? Docs say so, tests say no.
От: Matthias Apitz
Сообщение: Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C