Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I don't remember seeing _bt_moveright()  or _bt_compare() figuring so
>>> prominently, where _bt_binsrch() is nowhere to be seen. I can't see a
>>> reference to _bt_binsrch() in either profile.
>>
>> hm, this is hand compiled now, I bet the symbols are wrong.
>
> In case it isn't clear, I think that the proximate cause here may well
> be either one (or both) of commits
> efada2b8e920adfdf7418862e939925d2acd1b89 and/or
> 40dae7ec537c5619fc93ad602c62f37be786d161. Probably the latter. I think
> that the profile is roughly consistent with that, although I may well
> be wrong.

I'm out of time for the day, but I'm fairly confident I can reproduce.
I'll see if I can reverse those commits tomorrow and retest (I'm on
development box).

merlin

Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop