Re: Help with text(decimal) to hex conversion

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Help with text(decimal) to hex conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016, Wei Shan <weishan.ang@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

The method suggested so far doesn't actually work.

I'm trying to convert a text datatype to hex. The maximum hex returned will be 20 octets. I'm hoping to do it within PostgreSQL so I can call it like a function (to_hex).

psql> select column from table limit 5;
---------------------
 4849018213204493635
 4939764883475860925
 1006304053701792827
 1007718049538635498
 1010517297675790156
(5 rows)

psql> select to_hex(column_name::bigint) from tablelimit 5;
      to_hex
------------------
 434b2c5fab740543
 448d91fd51870dbd
 df71c3488ee543b
 dfc223a187ff6ea
 e061420d75a674c
(5 rows)

I also tried the following suggestions.

psql> select encode(column::bytea,'hex') from table limit 1;
                 encode
 31303037373138303439353338363335343938

Why did you cast to bytea?  Remove that.

merlin