Re: Asynchronous Trigger?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Asynchronous Trigger?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM, Cory Tucker <cory.tucker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have the execution of a trigger (or any function) not
> block the completion of the statement they are associated with?
>
> A pattern I had hoped to implement was to do a quick update of rows that
> signaled they needed attention, and then an async per-row trigger would come
> and do the maintenance (in this case, make an expensive materialized view).
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

Generally the idea is to (in the trigger) invoke some low risk quick
action such as inserting a record in to a 'stuff to do' table.  Then,
some other process comes around and does the heavy lifting.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database?
Сообщение: Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database?