Re: Hstore OID bigger than an integer

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Hstore OID bigger than an integer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM Roberto Mireles
<roberto.mireles@42-q.com> wrote:

> Hello team,
>
> This is the first time I post here, if you can provide some help, would be much appreciated.
>
> I have an application that can not access the database due to OID value for hstore extension is bigger than an
integervalue. Application uses a NpgSql driver that only supports integer types for OIDs.

> We have a new app version, which uses a new driver version that supports bigint and has no issues at all, but for
thatspecific database, we still need to use that old version of the app.

> I have searched for a workaround or something that can help us to be able to connect to the database, but have not
foundanything related.

> I also tried by dropping, creating extension again, but same result.
>
> Does any of you know any workaround that can help here?

A full dump/restore of the database (via pg_dump) might work, as long
as the oids are not dumped with the database, which I believe to be
the default.  This ought to reset the oid counter. Some while back,
oids were changed so the counter was table specific (IIRC).  Not sure
was after 9.2.  If it was, upgrading the database (which you should be
looking at anyways) might help.  Also, raise an issue upstream.

merlin

От: Asif Rehman
Сообщение: Re: WIP/PoC for parallel backup
От: Anastasia Lubennikova
Сообщение: Re: Optimize single tuple fetch from nbtree index