Re: Lock contention in TransactionIdIsInProgress()

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Lock contention in TransactionIdIsInProgress()
Дата
Re: Lock contention in TransactionIdIsInProgress()  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Tomáš Uko <uko@avast.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

> We have encountered same problem as you (in 9.5.4), it seems that so far it
> hasn’t been ported back from 9.6, but if you take this commit and apply it
> to 9.5 source codes, it seems to be working
>
> But anyway, does anybody knows plans about backporting this to 9.5 official
> way?

Won't happen. Only bugs get ported back, and performance enhancements
generally don't qualify (in very exceptional cases they might but this
issue is a routine performance enhancement).  Basically you have to
decide to update or stay with 9.5.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Libpq functions & string to obtain connection parameters
Сообщение: Re: Libpq functions & string to obtain connection parameters