Re: How do I upgrade psql from version 7 to be 10 in Windows 10?

От Keith
Тема Re: How do I upgrade psql from version 7 to be 10 in Windows 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 8:27 PM Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com> wrote:

no. I think you have problem understanding my requirements. I need to know how to upgrade my psql 7 to 10! I need to solve this for good

You must dump and restore your database to upgrade from a version that old. pgupgrade will not work with a version jump that drastic.

Use pg_dumpall -g to dump out the global objects (roles, tablespaces, etc). And use pg_dump to dump out the individual databases. And be sure to use the pgdump from version 10 to create the dump files, not the old version.
Then you can feed the file created by pg_dumpall into the new database using psql -f since it's a plain sql file.
Then use pg_restore to restore the database dump(s).

Сообщение: Re: How do I upgrade psql from version 7 to be 10 in Windows 10?
Сообщение: Re: How do I upgrade psql from version 7 to be 10 in Windows 10?