Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

От Shubham Khanna
Тема Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 8:23 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shubham, here are some more patch v8-0001 comments that I missed yesterday.
>
> ======
> src/test/subscription/t/011_generated.pl
>
> 1.
> Are the PRIMARY KEY qualifiers needed for the new tab2, tab3 tables? I
> don't think so.
>
> ~~~
>
> 2.
> +$result = $node_subscriber->safe_psql('postgres', "SELECT * FROM tab2");
> +is( $result, qq(4|8
> +5|10), 'confirm generated columns ARE replicated when the
> subscriber-side column is not generated');
> +
> +$node_publisher->safe_psql('postgres', "INSERT INTO tab3 VALUES (4), (5)");
> +
> +$node_publisher->wait_for_catchup('sub3');
> +
> +$result = $node_subscriber->safe_psql('postgres', "SELECT * FROM tab3");
> +is( $result, qq(4|24
> +5|25), 'confirm generated columns are NOT replicated when the
> subscriber-side column is also generated');
> +
>
> It would be prudent to do explicit "SELECT a,b" instead of "SELECT *",
> for readability and to avoid any surprises.

Both the comments are handled.

Patch v9-0001 contains all the changes required. See [1] for the changes added.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHv8Rj%2B6kwOGmn5MsRaTmciJDxtvNsyszMoPXV62OGPGzkxrCg%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham Khanna.

От: Shubham Khanna
Сообщение: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns