Re: Added schema level support for publication.

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 11:55 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Thurs, Nov 4, 2021 8:12 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> > FYI - I found a small problem with one of the new PublicationObjSpec parser
> > error messages that was introduced by the recent schema publication commit
> > [1].
> >
> > The error message text is assuming that the error originates from CREATE
> > PUBLICATION, but actually that same error can also come from ALTER
> > PUBLICATION.
> > e.g.2) Here the error came from ALTER PUBLICATION, so the message text is
> > not OK because the ALTER syntax [2] does not even have a FOR keyword.
> >
> > test_pub=# ALTER PUBLICATION p1 SET t1;
> > 2021-11-04 10:51:53.912 AEDT [738] ERROR:  FOR TABLE/FOR ALL TABLES IN
> > SCHEMA should be specified before the table/schema name(s) at character 26
> > 2021-11-04 10:51:53.912 AEDT [738] STATEMENT:  ALTER PUBLICATION p1 SET
> > t1;
> > ERROR:  FOR TABLE/FOR ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA should be specified before
> > the table/schema name(s) LINE 1: ALTER PUBLICATION p1 SET t1;
>
> I think it might be better to report " TABLE/ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA should be specified before ...".

+1 - Yes, I also thought the fix should just be some simple/generic
change of the wording like your suggestion (rather than a different
message for both cases).

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.