Re: PostgreSQL 15 minor fixes in protocol.sgml

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 15 minor fixes in protocol.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 1:04 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 10:56 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > PSA a patch to modify the descriptions as suggested by Amit.
> >

> *
> <para>
> -         The end LSN of the commit prepared transaction.
> +         The end LSN of the commit of the prepared transaction.
> -         Identifies the message as the commit of a two-phase
> transaction message.
> +         Identifies the message as the commit of a prepared
> transaction message.
>
> In the above messages, we can even directly say "commit prepared
> transaction" but as you have written appears clear to me.
>
> *
> For timestamp, related messages, we have three different messages:
> Commit timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
> microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).
> Prepare timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
> microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).
> Rollback timestamp of the transaction. The value is in number of
> microseconds since PostgreSQL epoch (2000-01-01).
>
> We can improve by saying "Timestamp of prepared transaction" for the
> second one but it will make it bit inconsistent with others, so not
> sure if changing it makes sense or if there is a better way to change
> all the three messages.
>
> Thoughts?

There was no feedback for Amit's previous post [1], so I am just
attaching the same [2] patch again, but this time for both HEAD and
REL_15_STABLE.

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LHSDb3KVRZZnYeBF0-SodMKYP%3DV%2B2VmrVBvRNK%3Dej1Tw%40mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHut%2BPs8TLKFL0P4ghgERdTcDeB4y61zWm128524h88BhnYmfA%40mail.gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: 34.16. The Password File error re windows pgpass.conf location
Сообщение: Re: 34.16. The Password File error re windows pgpass.conf location