Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 12:06 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are some review comments for patch v20-0001
>
> 3.
> +# The subscription's running status should be preserved
> +my $result =
> +  $new_sub->safe_psql('postgres',
> + "SELECT subenabled FROM pg_subscription WHERE subname = 'regress_sub'");
> +is($result, qq(f),
> + "check that the subscriber that was disable on the old subscriber
> should be disabled in the new subscriber"
> +);
> +$result =
> +  $new_sub->safe_psql('postgres',
> + "SELECT subenabled FROM pg_subscription WHERE subname = 'regress_sub1'");
> +is($result, qq(t),
> + "check that the subscriber that was enabled on the old subscriber
> should be enabled in the new subscriber"
> +);
> +$new_sub->safe_psql('postgres', "DROP SUBSCRIPTION regress_sub1");
> +
>
> BEFORE
> check that the subscriber that was disable on the old subscriber
> should be disabled in the new subscriber
>
> SUGGESTION
> check that a subscriber that was disabled on the old subscriber is
> disabled on the new subscriber
>
> ~
>
> BEFORE
> check that the subscriber that was enabled on the old subscriber
> should be enabled in the new subscriber
>
> SUGGESTION
> check that a subscriber that was enabled on the old subscriber is
> enabled on the new subscriber

Oops. I think that should have been "subscription", not "subscriber". i.e.

SUGGESTION
check that a subscription that was disabled on the old subscriber is
disabled on the new subscriber

and

SUGGESTION
check that a subscription that was enabled on the old subscriber is
enabled on the new subscriber

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.