Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The PG docs for PREPARE TRANSACTION [1] don't say anything about an
empty (zero length) transaction-id.
e.g. PREPARE TRANSACTION '';
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-prepare-transaction.html

~

Meanwhile, during testing I found the 2PC prepare hangs when an empty
id is used.

Now I am not sure does this represent some bug within the 2PC code, or
in fact should the PREPARE never have allowed an empty transaction-id
to be specified in the first place?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards
Peter Smith.