Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 5:01 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 5:31 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here are my comments for v4.
> >
> > ======
> >
> > Docs/Comments:
> >

> > ====
>
> Agreed. I've attached the updated patch. I'll push it barring any objections.

I checked v5-0001 and noticed the following:

======
doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml

BEFORE
... and the leftmost index field must be a  column (not an expression)
that reference a published table column.

SUGGESTION ("references the", instead of "reference a")
... and the leftmost index field must be a  column (not an expression)
that references the published table column.

(maybe that last word "column" is also unnecessary?)

======
src/backend/replication/logical/relation.c

BEFORE
The index must be btree, non-partial, and the leftmost field must be a
column (not an expression) that reference the remote relation.

SUGGESTION ("references", instead of "reference")
The index must be btree, non-partial, and the leftmost field must be a
column (not an expression) that references the remote relation.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia