PGDOCS - "System Catalogs" table-of-contents page structure

От Peter Smith
Тема PGDOCS - "System Catalogs" table-of-contents page structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

(Resending because my previous post was missing the subject - sorry for noise)

Recently when looking at the "System Catalogs" Tables of Contents [1],
I was wondering why are those headings "Overview" and "System Views"
at the same section level as the catalogs/views within them.

~~~

e.g.1. Current:

Chapter 53. "System Catalogs"
======
53.1. Overview
53.2. pg_aggregate
53.3. pg_am
53.4. pg_amop
53.5. pg_amproc
53.66. System Views
53.67. pg_available_extensions
53.68. pg_available_extension_versions
53.69. pg_backend_memory_contexts
53.70. pg_config
======

e.g.2 What I thought it should look like:

Chapter 53. "System Catalogs and Views" <-- chapter name change
======
53.1. System Catalogs  <-- heading name change
53.1.1. pg_aggregate
53.1.2. pg_am
53.1.3. pg_amop
53.1.4. pg_amproc
53.2. System Views
53.2.1. pg_available_extensions
53.2.2. pg_available_extension_versions
53.2.3. pg_backend_memory_contexts
53.2.4. pg_config
======

~~~

OTOH it looks like this table of contents page has been this way
forever (20+ years?). It is hard to believe nobody else suggested
modifying it in all that time, so perhaps there is some reason for it
being like it is?

Thoughts?

------
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/catalogs.html