Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:58 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 8:15 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Attached the updated patch v19.
> >
> > + maybe_delay_apply(TransactionId xid, TimestampTz finish_ts)
> >
> > I look this spelling strange.  How about maybe_apply_delay()?
> >

> +1.

It depends on how you read it. I read it like this:

maybe_delay_apply === means "maybe delay [the] apply"
(which is exactly what the function does)

versus

maybe_apply_delay === means "maybe [the] apply [needs a] delay"
(which is also correct, but it seemed a more awkward way to say it IMO)

~

Perhaps it's better to rename it more fully like
*maybe_delay_the_apply* to remove any ambiguous interpretations.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia