Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Here are some review comments for v12-0002

======

1. Commit message

"streaming" option -> "streaming" parameter

~~~

2. General (every file in this patch)

"streaming" option -> "streaming" parameter

~~~

3. .../subscription/t/022_twophase_cascade.pl

For every test file in this patch the new function is passed $is_apply
= 0/1 to indicate to use 'on' or 'apply' parameter value. But in this
test file the parameter is passed as $streaming_mode = 'on'/'apply'.

I was wondering if (for the sake of consistency) it might be better to
use the same parameter kind for all of the test files. Actually, I
don't care if you choose to do nothing and leave this as-is; I am just
posting this review comment in case it was not a deliberate decision
to implement them differently.

e.g.
+ my ($node_publisher, $node_subscriber, $appname, $is_apply) = @_;

versus
+ my ($node_A, $node_B, $node_C, $appname_B, $appname_C, $streaming_mode) =
+   @_;

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.