Re: GUC names in messages

От Peter Smith
Тема Re: GUC names in messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 9:57 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> On 17.05.24 05:31, Peter Smith wrote:
> >> I think we should accept your two patches
> >>
> >> v6-0001-GUC-names-docs.patch
> >> v6-0002-GUC-names-add-quotes.patch
> >>
> >> which effectively everyone was in favor of and which seem to be the most
> >> robust and sustainable solution.
> >>
> >> (The remaining three patches from the v6 set would be PG18 material at
> >> this point.)
> > Thanks very much for taking an interest in resurrecting this thread.
> >
> > It was always my intention to come back to this when the dust had
> > settled on PG17. But it would be even better if the docs for the rule
> > "just quote everything", and anything else you deem acceptable, can be
> > pushed sooner.
> >
> > Of course, there will still be plenty more to do for PG18, including
> > locating examples in newly pushed code for messages that have slipped
> > through the cracks during the last few months using different formats,
> > and other improvements, but those tasks should become easier if we can
> > get some of these v6 patches out of the way first.
>
> I committed your 0001 and 0002 now, with some small fixes.
>
> There has also been quite a bit of new code, of course, since you posted
> your patches, so we'll probably find a few more things that could use
> adjustment.
>
> I'd be happy to consider the rest of your patch set after beta1 and/or
> for PG18.

Thanks for pushing!

I'll try to dedicate more time to this sometime soon to go through all
the code again to track down those loose ends.

======
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

От: Erik Rijkers
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft