Re: BUG #17449: Disk space not released

От Giorgio Saviane
Тема Re: BUG #17449: Disk space not released
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> If the database suffers a crash (or immediate shutdown) in the middle of something like VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER, it
mightleave orphaned in-process files such as the ones you describe behind and have no way to know to clean them up.
Theknowledge about what it was working on just before the crash was lost in the crash.

> Files not touched in 2 months and also not referenced in pg_class.relfilenode are almost certainly such orphaned
filesand could, with extreme nervousness, be cleaned up by hand.  Especially if the human-readable log files support a
crashhaving happened at that time.

That was not the case. The server has been running seamlessly since I
rebuilt the master.

> When did those start?  Before you rebuilt the master?  Was your replica using, or attempting to use, replication
slots?

They show up after I rebuild the master and re-enable the replica. No,
the replica is not using any slot, but I got that it would help in
case of unstable networking between slave and master.

Kind regards

Giorgio

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17503: Package postgresql-jdbc-42.3.6-1.rhel8.noarch.rpm is not signed
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY