Re: 32 and 64-bit versions of PostgreSQL for Windows

От Michael Swierczek
Тема Re: 32 and 64-bit versions of PostgreSQL for Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will be using a PostgreSQL database in a 64-bit Windows Server 2008 OS.
> Should I install a 64-bit version of PostgreSQL too? Is there a place where
> I can read about advantages/disadvanates about 32 and 64 bit versions of
> PostgreSQL for Windows?
>
> Respectfully,
> Jorge Maldonado

We've been running 32-bit versions of PostgreSQL for Windows on
Windows Server 2008 64-bit since 2009 without problems.   You don't
need to install the 64-bit version of PostgreSQL on Server 2008, the
32-bit version does not require it and as far as I know does not get
any benefit by having it installed - they use separate registry
settings, separate binaries, etc...

-Mike