Re: return text from explain

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: return text from explain
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep  6, 2012 at 07:18:50PM +0200, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:
>> Is it possible to use the output of explain as text values?

> I think you have to do EXPLAIN in a function and call the function.

Yeah, IIRC you can use EXPLAIN as the source statement in a plpgsql
FOR loop, ie
        FOR text_variable IN EXPLAIN ... LOOP
which gets you the output one line at a time.

nope,
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "explain"

that's postgres 9.1

WBL
--
"Quality comes from focus and clarity of purpose" -- Mark Shuttleworth