Re: PgOLEDB.dll

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: PgOLEDB.dll
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
a quick search on google got me this:
http://www.connectionstrings.com/Providers/pgoledb (seems you already did that)
and
http://www.connectionstrings.com/postgre-sql#53 (looks good)

User ID=root;Password=myPassword;
Host=localhost;Port=5432;Database=myDataBase; Pooling=true;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connection Lifetime=0;

HTH

WBL

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Ken Benson <ken@infowerks.com> wrote:
I'm trying to get the PGOLEDB to work.

The first issue is that I can't seem to find connection string examples. I've found several references to connection string examples, but none of the links are still working.

My 'development' platform is a Windows7 (32-bit) machine. My 'production' platform is Windows 2003 Server.

I installed PGOLEDB using the application stack builder.
Then tried a connection - The error I got was 'no provider'
So, I tried to 'register' the pgoledb.dll file ... the registration was successful, but I still could not attach to the 'provider'.

I've used ADODB connections - extensively - in this development package - but always before I was connecting to a Microsoft SQL database. With PgSQL, I'm new and could use some help, here.

Thank you,

Ken

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw