Re: Escaping literal strings in pg_8.4

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: Escaping literal strings in pg_8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>Oh, I realize I was putting the 'E' in the wrong place:
Well yes, but that was not what caused the error. It was the quote.
If you use COPY (or \copy from psql without superuser rights) you can use TABs to delimit the input. Escaping quotes not necessary, unless your text also contains tabs.

Also, quote_literal(text) can come in handy, but in different scenario's.

cheers,

WBL

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

От: Ennio-Sr
Сообщение: Re: Escaping literal strings in pg_8.4
От: Owen Sleep
Сообщение: logging pg_dump results in windows 7