Re: Bug? Query plans / EXPLAIN using gigabytes of memory

От Willy-Bas Loos
Тема Re: Bug? Query plans / EXPLAIN using gigabytes of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stacking views is a bad practice. It usually means that you are making the db do a lot of unnecessary work, scanning tables more than once when you don't even need them.
According to your description, you have 3 layers of views on partitioned tables.
I can imagine that that leaves the planner with a lot of possible query plans, a lot of interaction and a lot of statistics to read.

do you have any special settings for the statistics on these tables?
and could you please post the non-default settings in your postgresql.conf file?
$ grep ^[^#] /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/postgresql.conf|grep -e ^[^[:space:]]

Would be helpful to see if you have any statistics or planner stuff altered.

Cheers,

WBL