Re: [DOCS] Reg Date/Time function

От Sandeep Segu
Тема Re: [DOCS] Reg Date/Time function
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Thank you Steve for the information.

Thanks,
Sandeep Segu.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
Per the docs, justify_days  is to "Adjust interval so 30-day time periods are represented as months" so 360 days = 12 months = 1 year so 365 days is 1-year 5-days.

There are all sorts of oddities and special assumptions regarding date/time calculations made even more complicated by the need to support special use-cases such as 30/360 financial coupon factor calculations (every month is 30-days and years have 360 days).

Cheers,
Steve