Hot Standby Lagging Behind

От Prima Chairunnanda
Тема Hot Standby Lagging Behind
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Everyone,

I have some questions about the PostgreSQL streaming replication feature. I have been able to setup a hot-standby server, and I can see updates on the master server being replayed on the standby server.

However I notice that once I start making read-only queries, the standby starts lagging behind the master server. After a while, the delay can reach over 1 minute, even though I set the max_standby_streaming_delay parameter to 15s. I am under the impression that once a WAL record is lagging 15s behind, then it should trump any read-only queries in the system.

Below are the values of pg_last_xlog_receive_location and pg_last_xlog_replay_location at several time points

 now 03:06:16
 pg_last_xlog_receive_location  0/59A31620
 pg_last_xlog_replay_location  0/599A6B90

 now 03:07:18
 pg_last_xlog_receive_location 0/59A98460
 pg_last_xlog_replay_location 0/59A1BE58

 now 03:07:31
 pg_last_xlog_receive_location 0/59AA8F48
 pg_last_xlog_replay_location 0/59A22288

So as we can see the WAL record at 0/59A31620 was received at 03:06:16, but more than a minute later at 03:07:31, it still hasn't been replayed.

Am I configuring the wrong thing? Is there an option to increase the priority of the WAL replay once it has been lagging for a certain amount of WAL record?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Prima