Re: Permission denied on schema for all users on insert to table with fk

От Leland Weathers
Тема Re: Permission denied on schema for all users on insert to table with fk
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/26/2018 06:57 AM, Leland Weathers wrote:

    Before you mentioned a trigger. I am not seeing that in the schema
    you sent. Is there one and if so what is it's definition and that of
    its associated function?

I was referring to the "built-in" PostgreSQL system trigger for validating fk constraints are met. The trigger that uses the "SELECT 1 FROM ONLY..." query. That particular query which the logs say I don't have permissions to execute is not part of my schema/code.

    What does show?:

    select session_user, current_user;

For this particular example, the session_user is: lw, current_user is dba (database and schema owner role)

So if I am following neither of these roles have permissions on the tables. Is that correct?

If you try the INSERT as system_admin, jb or gb does it work?

Thanks that was the right direction and I feel stupid now and the issue is resolved. The system_admin account (the table owner) did not have usage permission on the schema - re-reading some SO articles, it was there in the comments and I had missed it. All the users had permissions but even superuser can't insert without the table owner having schema permissions.

    INSERT INTO results.historyitem
    (batchid,datasourceid,sequence_order) VALUES (6,20,1);

    --     Adrian Klaver
    adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>

--
Adrian Klaver