Re: [HACKERS] Does having a NULL column automatically exclude thetable from the tupleDesc cache?

От Ryan Murphy
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Does having a NULL column automatically exclude thetable from the tupleDesc cache?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

attcacheoff can only be set positive for fields preceding any varlena
(typlen<0, but including the first such) or nullable values.  I don't
know how much faster it is with the cache; you can measure it if your
curiosity is strong enough -- just set the first column to nullable.

Thanks!  Maybe I'll do some benchmarks.