Re: Need help with what I think is likely a simple query - for each distinct val, return only the record with the most recent date.

От jesuthefrog
Тема Re: Need help with what I think is likely a simple query - for each distinct val, return only the record with the most recent date.
Дата
Ответ на Need help with what I think is likely a simple query - for each distinct val, return only the record with the most recent date.  (Reid Thompson <jreidthompson@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I would think to do it like
   SELECT DISTINCT ON (val) val,date ORDER BY date DESC, val ASC

I haven't tested this, but it's similar to things I've done recently,
and I'm pretty sure this will do what you want.