Re: Moving to git

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> Are we at a state where this is workable ?

I'm happy to try to strip the dummy commits from Marko's conversion
using git filter-branch, but I'm travelling right now, so that
probably wouldn't happen for three weeks and change.

Other than that, using his export scripts, I was able to validate that
the contents of all *tags* are identical. If someone can provide other
validation rules, I'm happy to work toward meeting them (although,
again, 3+ weeks).

If someone wants to do that cleanup independently, git filter-branch
is a little intimidating, but not exactly rocket science. It's sort of
like a sed expression applied to an entire branch history (or history
of all branches). My plan was to look for commits with the dummy
author (since I believe those are the only dummy ones) in
GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, and exclude those. Yes, this is a little hand-wavy; I
won't promise this will go smoothly ;) . That said, this is relatively
basic and everything that I've ever had to do with git filter-branch,
I was able to do by adapting the examples on the man page.
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com