Re: 2.5TB Migration from SATA to SSD disks - PostgreSQL 9.2

От David Gibbons
Тема Re: 2.5TB Migration from SATA to SSD disks - PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Re: 2.5TB Migration from SATA to SSD disks - PostgreSQL 9.2  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
Список pgsql-general

So is that really possible? Just copy the data between folders? if so, i'll probably chose option 2!!!
Even that is 2.5TB I don't think the copy will take longer than 20 minutes... and I'd still be able to perform reads...

I'll do some test to see if option 2 can be done :)

Thanks !!! :D

You can actually reduce the time more by pre-syncing to the new location.
something like:

rsync -va /var/lib/pgsql/ /var/lib/pgsql2/
service postgres stop
rsync -va /var/lib/pgsql/ /var/lib/pgsql2/

The second rsync will only copy the deltas from the first, it still has to go in and determine what needs to be copied/what changed but the bulk of it can be prepared/migrated before the actual downtime window.