Re: [GENERAL] (Might be a bug) locale issue while upgrading datadirectory from PostgreSQL 8.4 to 9.5

От Mayank Agrawal
Тема Re: [GENERAL] (Might be a bug) locale issue while upgrading datadirectory from PostgreSQL 8.4 to 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No, windows has not been upgraded (Windows 7). Moreover, I think it is not related to windows version, because I tried the scenarios from scratch on a same machine and on a some windows version.

While working on this issue I notices something. Details are as follows:

On Windows7, I installed the PostgreSQL 8.4 with following --locale values

  1. --locale "English_United States.1252"

    Installation fails, gives same error: 'Locale specified is not supported.'

  2. --locale "English, United States"

    Successful Installation, value of 'Show lc_collate': English, United States

  3. No Value (i.e. parameter --locale is not provided during installation)

    Successful Installation, value of 'Show lc_collate': English_United States.1252

If you notice point 1. and 3., locale value can be stored as English_United States.1252 but can not be given as a value of parameter --locale during installation. This seems to me as a bug.

In my case, --locale parameter was not provided during PostgreSQL 8.4 installation [scenario 3].

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank Agrawal

.