Support for ECDSA & ed25519 digital signatures in pgcrypto?

От Nilesh Trivedi
Тема Support for ECDSA & ed25519 digital signatures in pgcrypto?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I recently had to build ed25519 digital signature validation in PostgreSQL. Since pgcrypto doesn't
support these methods, I had to look into PL/Python and PL/v8 based implementations. The
experience turned out to be very poor (documented here: https://gist.github.com/nileshtrivedi
/7cd622d4d521986593bff81bfa1e5893

I think OpenSSL already supports these encryption methods and it would be great to have them
supported within pgcrypto - especially with the advent of distributed systems like IPFS, public
blockchains like BitCoin, Ethereum. Elliptic curve cryptography has some major advantages over
RSA: for both security and usability. Some are listed here: https://ed25519.cr.yp.to/

Is somebody working on this? I'm not a C programmer but if needed, I can look into implementing
this.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11