Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files

От Chris Mildebrandt
Тема Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files
Дата
Список psycopg
Great, I'll get rid of that file. I'll also make the change I mentioned to the license line in setup.py and send a pull request unless I hear differently.

Thanks for your help, we're looking forward to using this package and perhaps contributing to it in the future.

-Chris

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Chris Mildebrandt
<chris@woodenrhino.com> wrote:
> There's a file (sandbox/test-psycopg2-datetime-systematic.py) that has the
> following lines:
>
> # $Source:
> /sources/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/client/testing/test-psycopg2-datetime-systematic.py,v
> $
> __version__ = "$Revision: 1.1 $"
> __author__  = "K.Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>"
> __license__ = 'GPL (details at http://www.gnu.org)'
> # =======================================================================
>
> How would you like to handle this? Usually we would remove the file or get
> written permission from the author to change the license.

FWIW Karsten has contributed much more than that file to psycopg and
was definitely contacted when we changed license.

I think you can just drop that file. It was testing an issue we had in
the past with historical timezones with seconds in the offset (see
http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html#time-zones-handling) and is
not regularly run. A test for the same issue was added to the test
suite (https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/commit/305d86f3) and that
one gets regularly run instead.

-- Daniele

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files
Сообщение: Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files