Re: Roles

От Gambhir Singh
Тема Re: Roles
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks alot

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 07:36 Simon Riggs, <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 00:11, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/21 1:13 PM, Gambhir Singh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having 4 Databases in the AWS RDS Cluster. Just wanna to know how to
> > create roles which are specific to each database, because when I'm
> > creating roles in one Database, they are visible in other Databases.
>
> You can't, roles are global objects in a cluster.

Roles are global objects that are visible in all databases.

But you can GRANT the CONNECT privilege for a role to only specific databases.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: Michael Nolan
Сообщение: Re: Alter and move corresponding: was The tragedy of SQL
Сообщение: Re: Alter and move corresponding: was The tragedy of SQL