Re: Forcing index usage

От Michael Lewis
Тема Re: Forcing index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> * Michael Lewis (mlewis@entrata.com) wrote:
> > Thanks for that advance warning since it is a handy option to force the
> > planning barrier in my experience. What's a resource to see other coming
> > changes in v12 especially changes to default behavior like this? Will there
> > be a new cte_collapse_limit setting or similar?
>
> Check the release notes.

Yes, once they are written in a few weeks.

Thanks for clarifying Bruce. On #postgresql I was directed to the development docs ( https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/queries-with.html ) and got the additional information I needed. It is unfortunate there is no MATERIALIZED keyword in v11 to ensure I can preserve existing behavior during upgrade to v12 on queries that seem to benefit greatly from that optimization barrier, but I can appreciate why that decision was made.