Re: constraint exclusion with ineq condition (Re: server hardware tuning.)

От Michael Lewis
Тема Re: constraint exclusion with ineq condition (Re: server hardware tuning.)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Yeah, the planner doesn't know that call_created_date can be limited on both tables unless you tell it specify it in the where condition as Laurenz said on another thread.

Michael Lewis

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM suganthi Sekar <suganthi@uniphore.com> wrote:
Both table Portion by  same column call_created_date
________________________________
From: Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com>
Sent: 14 February 2019 19:35:48
To: suganthi Sekar
Cc: Justin Pryzby; pgsql-performance@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: constraint exclusion with ineq condition (Re: server hardware tuning.)

What are these two tables partitioned by?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019, 5:03 AM suganthi Sekar <suganthi@uniphore.com<mailto:suganthi@uniphore.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, i know if explicitly we give in where condition it is working.

i thought with below parameter in Postgresq11 this issue is fixed ?

 enable_partitionwise_join  to 'on';

 what is the use of enable_partitionwise_join  to 'on';

Thanks for your response.

Regards
Suganthi Sekar